About Designing Emails:
As a company you need to send emails to various people to convert them into your customers. It is through these emails you will have the capability to show them your product and capture them as a customer/client. This is one of the main reasons that you need to design your emails in a standard and tested way that will help you get a better conversion rate. In this section we will take a look at some of the most basic yet effective ways that will WOW your readers.
Some basic qualities of a perfect mail:
- You need to maintain a minimum word count in your subject line so that the potential readers are not bored of your product. They need to understand the highlights of the product in the shortest possible way. Make sure that your subject line does not have more than 50 words.
- Make sure that you have a replying email address the customer can reply back to you. This is one of the most important features of building a customer friendly email. Never use the “[email protected]” which does not allow the users to reply back to the company.
- Never try to make the readers open the emails on false pretences. This will help you get the clients open the mail but these clients will also report you or unsubscribe you if they find out that you are cheating
Many businesses send emails out to their customers, having offered some incentive for them to sign up first. We have all heard the old saying that the gold is in the list, but unless that list actually opens your email there won’t be any gold within sight.
There are many ways to make your email marketing more successful.
Here are 7 tips to help you.
- As mentioned, getting those emails opened to start with can be a challenge. When an email comes into the inbox, all the recipient sees is the headline. So if you are having trouble getting your emails opened, you need to pay attention to what intrigues people. In fact, humour and mistakes that others make are two biggies. People love to laugh and if they know your email will do that for them, they will be eager to open it. They also like to know that other people made a boo-boo because it makes them feel better about doing similar things. Plus, it also makes them feel slightly superior if they haven’t made the same mistake. So your email heading can be something outrageously funny or even just outrageous, or it can tell them what mistake you made and how you fixed it. Or perhaps you can recount a mistake someone else made and how you – and they – can avoid it.
- Keep your email simple, short and to the point – including the joke, if you tell one. No one has time to read lots of unnecessary information. Your recipients have busy lives too, so respect this and send short notes with bullet points. For further information, include links they can click on if they want to.
As a company, you will be sending important emails to your clients either for hooking them onto your product or to give them new insights into your product. Your email should be informative as well as it should follow a set of rules that have been proven to get people to convert faster. Since Email Marketing is such an integral part of marketing your product we have taken the liberty to help you get the best email marketing tips.
List of Email Marketing tips:
- Your subject line should be short and sweet so that the people reading it do not get bored of the lengthy subject line you have written. Make sure that the subject line has a distinguished punch to it so that people feel more and more intrigued to open and read the email. The subject line should not have more than 50 characters.
- Make sure that the users have the liberty to reply to your messages at all times. Having a ‘[email protected]’ will not help your business grow. You need to understand that the customers need to talk about your product and ask queries to you regarding the subject. The above mentioned email addresses not only makes your company look non-responsive but it also reduces the percentage of your customers.
- Make sure that you personalize the emails so that the person on the other end does not feel like he is talking to a robot. Use the names of the people you are referring the email. It is obvious someone loves to read his/her name at the beginning of an email.
Email marketing is one of the most popular ways to conduct business simply because it is quick and easy. Websites like AWeber and MailChimp make automation easy; you can schedule a whole host of emails to go out at certain times and dates, find and insert images more easily and even segment your customers in order to market to them more effectively.
However, not everyone can write an email in a way that is effective. Businessmen and women may be super stars at running their business, but not at writing copy. They may get caught up with business and forget to get those emails out, or they may delegate to someone else who does. There are many ways to wreck what should be a good marketing strategy, so here are some tips to make the whole business easier.
- Since conversion rates for email is said to be four time higher than social media give visitor to your website a specific gift for signing up to your list. This can be a private showing of your new goods, a downloadable PDF or eBook with valuable information, or something else of value to your target audience.
- Use a double opt-in where each person has to click on something to give you permission to send them email. This weeds out those who are not terrible interested. A small, interested list will convert better than a large one that is not interested.