About Designing Emails:
As a company you need to send emails to various people to convert them into your customers. It is through these emails you will have the capability to show them your product and capture them as a customer/client. This is one of the main reasons that you need to design your emails in a standard and tested way that will help you get a better conversion rate. In this section we will take a look at some of the most basic yet effective ways that will WOW your readers.
Some basic qualities of a perfect mail:
- You need to maintain a minimum word count in your subject line so that the potential readers are not bored of your product. They need to understand the highlights of the product in the shortest possible way. Make sure that your subject line does not have more than 50 words.
- Make sure that you have a replying email address the customer can reply back to you. This is one of the most important features of building a customer friendly email. Never use the “email@example.com” which does not allow the users to reply back to the company.
- Never try to make the readers open the emails on false pretences. This will help you get the clients open the mail but these clients will also report you or unsubscribe you if they find out that you are cheating
- The email needs to be short, informative and should not contain any boring parts. Make sure that the email is devoid of any such material that will bore the users. For ex. If you frame a sentence like “ Order no. 25424234235 is en route”, use this instead: “Thanks, your order is en route”. This is a more appeasing form of statement.
- Send the emails at the proper times if you want people to look into the emails. Sending mails at the wrong times are not effective as the former. For example you can send an email for an happy hour offer at around 5:00 pm since it is the closing hours of the office rather than sending it at night.
- Make sure that you personalize the email with a heading that starts with “Hi, John Doe”. You need to make use of the names of the client if you plan to have a better rapport with the customer.
- Never use too much capitalization in your subject line. Too much capitalization will only end up making you look too excited for selling your product. Use minimal capital letters and try to keep the tempo of the subject engrossing.
- Try to use lines like “for our elite customers” etc. that make your customers feel more elite. Trust me, these lines work wonders for your emails.
These are some of the best ways to increase the conversion rate of people opening your emails. You need to adapt to these settings so that your customers are more moved towards opening your emails.